Believe it or not most of your customers/clients will visit your business website before they visit or contact your business. So the image that your website projects is in most cases the first impression customers have of your business. BUT FIRST THEY HAVE TO FIND YOU!
So let’s assume that you have a well designed website which represents your business in its best possible light. Now what?
Well now you have to make it easy for people to find you online when they search for the product/service your business provides. This is what we call SEO (search engine optimisation) which by definition is the art of optimising a website to display prominently on search engines (eg Google Bing) for relevant searches. So if your business is a pizza restaurant in Crows Nest called Mario Brothers then your website needs to be displayed prominently when a potential customer searches for “Pizza Crows Nest”. If it doesn’t the customer/user may well patronise a business which does.
Below you will find a list of “essentials” which need to be included as part of every business website’s online marketing strategy. Each point on this list is “essential” meaning that for each item your website doesn’t have completed your online presence suffers. Go through these points in detail and if you need extra clarification contact us via the form below.
- Https: Your website must have a current SSL Certificate
- Hosting: Your website hosting should be with a trusted hosting provider
- NAP: Your business Name, Address and Phone number should be consistent across every directory listing where your business appears
- Speed: Your website needs to load quickly (4 seconds or less)
- Phone Friendly: Your website needs to display perfectly on mobile phones and tablets https://ready.mobi/
- Google My Business / Google Maps: Your business needs to have a completed listing on Google My Business
- Bing Maps: Your Business needs to have a Bing Maps listing
- Meta Data: Your website should reflect your targeted search terms via its Meta Data
- Images: Any images on your website need to be labelled correctly via Alt Text
- Content: All the content on your website MUST be unique. Don’t copy and paste from other websites.
- Social Media: Any social media accounts associated with your business must be kept up to date.
Maintaining a high online profile for your business is not easy but also not that hard. It involves time and knowing what to do but it is also essential if you want to keep attracting new customers.